Rules of Play - Panda Game 2021
Electronic 50/50 Rules of Play
Special Event: Panda 50/50
FOR PROBLEM GAMBLING SUPPORT:
Connex Ontario 1-866-531-2600
September 29, 2021 to October 2, 2021
Table of Contents:
- Sale and Issuance of 50/50 Tickets
- The Draw and Results
- Cash Management
- Prize Structure
- Payment of Prizes
- Incident Management and Reporting
These rules apply, until amended or revised, to the Panda 50/50 Raffle Draw conducted by the OSEG Foundation.
- In these Rules,
“50/50 Ticket””, “Ticket”, “Ticket Receipt” means a ticket or other means of participating in a 50/50 draw;
“AGCO” means the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario;
“EMT” means the Event Management Terminal of the OSEG Foundation’s computer-controlled system designed by Canadian Bank Note for conducting 50/50 draws (including, but not limited to the electronic ticket checkers);
“Draw” means the random selection by the Event Manager of the winning number;
“Draw time” means the time at which the draw takes place during the prescribed game date, or when a draw is not able to take place for any reason, the soonest available time on the prescribed game date;
“Event” means an individually numbered proposition on a “List” (being a periodic schedule of events), associated with a sports competition;
“Event Manager” means the individual tasked with managing the draw;
“Equipment supplier” means equipment supplier;
“Game Conditions” means the terms, conditions, explanations, rules, procedures, including the prize structure governing a specific 50/50 draw;
“Player” means a person who is eligible to participate in a 50/50 draw in accordance with the regulations, rules and game conditions;
“REDBLACKS” means the Ottawa REDBLACKS Football Club;
“Result” means the final outcome of a sporting event as determined by the OSEG Foundation for the applicable 50/50 draw;
“TD Place” means the sports and entertainment complex located at 1015 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario;
“Valid ticket” means a ticket that is not void;
“Winner” means the person(s) who is the bearer of a winning ticket and who satisfies all conditions established by the OSEG Foundation to claim the prize;
“Winning number” means the winning number drawn on the draw date and draw time for a 50/50 draw;
“Winning ticket” means a valid ticket that bears a selection that exactly matches the winning number or results or play elements. Words use in these rules of play for each specific 50/50 draw by the OSEG Foundation and the regulations pertaining to the 50/50 draw have the same meaning.
- Words in the singular shall include the plural, and words in the masculine gender shall include the feminine
- In the event of a conflict between information issued by equipment supplier and contained on the ticket, the instructions, the game conditions for the specific 50/50 draw, these rules of play, such conflict shall be resolved in accordance with the following priority
- The AGCO Regulations;
- These Rules of Play;
- The Game Conditions for the specific 50/50 draw, if any;
- The ticket.
Sale and Issuance of 50/50 Tickets
- An online 50/50 raffle will take place during the 2021 Panda Game (special event at TD Place); launched through the Event Management Terminal (EMT) of the electronic gaming solution provided by Canadian Bank Note (CBN).
- Tickets may be purchased:
- Online, using 5050panda.com or 5050ottawaredblacks.com.
- An eligible player may participate by purchasing a 50/50 ticket in the following denominations:
5 Numbers for $10.00
20 Numbers for $20.00
100 Numbers for $50.00
250 Numbers for $99.00
- Special pricing may be approved by AGCO for special games and special events as presented by the OSEG Foundation.
- A player is solely responsible for ensuring that they receive the correct ticket denomination and solely responsible for the handling of the purchased ticket after the online 50/50 system has issued the ticket when purchasing online.
- The ticket sales will start at 2:00 PM on September 29, 2021, the opening day of the draw period.
- A player may not cancel his/her ticket or obtain a refund when purchasing online once the payment is completed and they receive their ticket.
- A player must be over 18 years of age and be physically located within the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Responsible gaming supports are as follows:
- problemgamimg.ca and 1-800-230-3505
- connexontario.ca and 1-866-531-2600
- With the approval of AGCO, during continuing pandemic circumstances, if a game is postponed after sales have opened, sales can remain open until the game has been rescheduled and continue until the conclusion of the rescheduled game, at which point the draw will be executed.
The Draw and Results
- A draw may be held by any means and at such time and place as the OSEG Foundation determines. The number drawn is referred to as the “winning number”.
- Sales for the Panda 50/50 draw will close at 7:00 PM on Saturday, October 2, 2021 and the draw for the winning number will be held as soon as possible after sales close (after all online ticket purchases have been fulfilled).
- When a draw for a winning 50/50 ticket cannot be held on the date and time fixed, such draw will be held when practicable for the OSEG Foundation, with the approval of the AGCO.
- The winning number for a draw will be announced online at the OSEG Foundation’s website on https://osegfoundation.ca/50-50/.
- For the Panda 50/50 Raffle Draw, the Prize will be 50% of the gross revenue received from all tickets sold.
Payment of Prizes
- A prize for any draw shall be awarded to the winner in accordance with the prize structure in effect for such draw and in accordance with these rules and the specific 50/50 draw game conditions.
- The OSEG Foundation reserves the right to satisfy itself as to the validity of any ticket that is presented as a winning ticket, by means of such authentication and validation tests, requirements and procedures as it may from time to time determine, and to declare that a ticket which does not pass, meet, or fulfill such tests, requirements or procedures is void. Concurrently with a winning ticket being presented to the OSEG Foundation (or being received by the OSEG Foundation by mail), whether for the purpose of validation or for the purpose of claiming a prize, all right, title and interest in and to the ticket is thereby relinquished by the winner and property in the ticket passes to the OSEG Foundation.
- All prizes must be claimed within 6 months of the relevant draw date unless otherwise specified by the OSEG Foundation thereafter any unclaimed prizes must be secured or placed in safekeeping by the OSEG Foundation for a period of 6 months from the draw date. If at the expiry of 6 months the prize has not been claimed, the prize amount will be donated by the OSEG Foundation to a charity who is approved by its board of directors.
- The OSEG Foundation may refuse to send or forward a prize to an address outside Canada and will not send or forward a prize to an address in any jurisdiction where such sending or forwarding is prohibited by law.
- The OSEG Foundation is not responsible for providing financial or tax advice.
- For groups purchasing (1) ticket, group winners must select an individual to handle the single payment of prize by the OSEG Foundation.
- The OSEG Foundation will not award a prize for tickets which are void unless the OSEG Foundation, in its discretion, deems it appropriate to do so. Tickets are void if lost, stolen, unissued, illegible, mutilated, damaged, altered, counterfeited or forged, miscut, misregistered, defective, misprinted, cancelled, produced in error and not recorded in the online system, incomplete, not paid for, destroyed or issued, acquired or presented, in, or upon, violation of these rules, or the game conditions. Void tickets are the property of the OSEG Foundation.
- In the event that a ticket which is purchased or issued is void, or deemed to be void, the OSEG Foundation may, at its option (a) replace the ticket with a new random ticket of the correct denomination or, (b) provide a refund.
- The OSEG Foundation may award a prize to the bearer of a winning ticket. The OSEG Foundation reserves the right to satisfy itself that a person claiming a prize is entitled, and will remain entitled, to such prize as the lawful bearer of a winning ticket.
- Upon presenting a winning 50/50 ticket, the winner must:
- Issue two (2) pieces of ID proving their age to be over 18;
- Completely fill out the 50/50 Prize Claim Form issued by an OSEG Foundation staff member
- Each winner acknowledges that the OSEG Foundation may, at any time (and from time to time), during the prize claim process, require certain personal information from the winner and that the collection of such information is necessary to the proper administration. Any personal information collected is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to comply with legal and audit requirements, for announcing winners, awarding prizes, disclosure of insider wins for public scrutiny, and the posting of prize wins on the OSEG Foundation website and social media pages for an extended period of time, and otherwise in accordance with the OSEG Foundation’s prize claim policy and any successors or replacement thereof, and for the OSEG Foundation’s internal business purposes. Each winner further acknowledges that any failure by the winner to provide the OSEG Foundation with such information may prevent the OSEG Foundation for paying or awarding all or part of the prize in the manner contemplated by the prize structure.
- The OSEG Foundation shall not be responsible for determining any individual’s entitlement to all or part of a prize won on a ticket purchased by or issued to a group.
Incident Management and Reporting
- The OSEG Foundation shall report incidents related to the draw to AGCO and will respond to incidents as follows:
- Technical issues beyond event manager know-how will be directed to the equipment supplier at the first reasonable opportunity; the issue will be escalated at their discretion.
- Compliance issues will be directed to the AGCO.
- Staff issues will be directed to the Event Manager, and if necessary, to the OSEG Foundation’s Executive Director.
- The OSEG Foundation shall escalate any issues to the appropriate party when appropriate.
- In the event of a Raffle Sales Unit or Electronic Raffle System Failure, or any technical difficulty arising during a game, the OSEG Foundation will ensure that draw sale data can be retrieved by reporting the issue to equipment supplier as per 8.1.1 and retrieving sales data by system override.
- The OSEG Foundation reserves the right to suspend online sales in case technical difficulties beyond the OSEG Foundation’s control arise during an event sale. Tickets purchased online prior to the suspension remain valid unless stated otherwise.
- In the event of a power interruption, emergency situation, or other incidents that could impact the integrity of the draw, the OSEG Foundation staff and volunteers will adhere to the TD Place protocols, notify applicable personnel noted in section 8.1, and complete the draw at the first opportunity that is deemed appropriate and safe.
- Players wishing to share concerns/complaints for the listed items shall be directed to the Event Manager for feedback in person, phone or via e-mail:
- Suspicions of theft, fraud, dishonesty, or selling to minors
- Any incident that is related to prize integrity;
- Any incident that is related to prize discrepancy.
- If a player has an inquiry or wishes to share suggestions or complaints they shall be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the incident warrants, the OSEG Foundation must first contact the appropriate local authorities then contact the appropriate personnel listed in section 8.1.
- The OSEG Foundation shall report incidents related to the draw to AGCO and will respond to incidents as follows:
- The OSEG Foundation makes no representations of any kind whatsoever about the online system used to conduct lottery games and shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of the operation of the online system or the failure of the online system to operate properly or at all.
- The OSEG Foundation designates the following persons as “Related Parties”:
- Members of the OSEG Foundation Board of Directors;
- Full-time, part-time and student employees of the OSEG Foundation
- Persons who are directly on the OSEG Foundation’s payroll;
- The OSEG Foundation’s employees who are on paid or unpaid leave;
- Persons under the age of 18 years.
- Persons designated by the OSEG Foundation as Related Parties are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draw.
- The OSEG Foundation may amend these rules of play at any time and in any manner.
- These rules of play shall be governed by, subject to and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada as applicable therein. The Courts of the Province of Ontario shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on or arising out of these rules or any lottery game.
- The headings in these rules are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of these rules.
- Unless otherwise specified by the OSEG Foundation, these rules are effective for this special event as of September 29th, 2021.